Changes in OpenLyrics¶
Release 0.9 (unreleased)¶
<song>attributes createdIn, modifiedIn and modifiedDate optional.
- Add default language:
- Add support for instrumental parts (
<instrumental>) and beats (
<beat>) alongside new verse types: other, intro, solo, middle.
- Add support for repeating lines (
- Add support for chordNotation attribute (
- Add support for non empty chords (
<chord root="C" structure="dom7">lyrics...</chord>)
- Add support for chord root, structure, bass attributes (
<chord root="C" structure="min" bass="Eb"/>) by checking compliance, remove chord name attribute
- Add “tool/openlyrics-0.8-to-openlyrics-0.9.xsl” to convert songs from OpenLyrics 0.8.
- Add “tool/openlyrics-0.9-to-openlyrics-0.8.xsl” to convert songs from OpenLyrics 0.9 to 0.8.
- Add “Makefile” to check well formedness, validity, and conversions.
- Restrict values for musical
transpositionbetween -11 and 11.
- Add support for
- Add arrangement type for author (
- Remove mandatory flag from author type=translation, as it may match the language of the XML document (
- Documentation for formatting tags
- Supply missing documentation for
- Add support for theoretical keys
Release 0.8 (15 Apr 2012)¶
- Add support for application specific formatting tags in <lines> tag.
- Drop tag
<line>, for line endings is used tag <br/>
- Remove the ‘id’ attribute of the
<theme>tag, as it was based on a line number in a file, which is not very accurate, nor very reliable.
- Add script ‘tools/convert-schema.py’ to convert songs from older OpenLyrics versions.
Release 0.7 (24 Mar 2010)¶
Move attribute ‘xml:lang’ to just ‘lang’ since the tag could not always contain text in another language but also transliteration.
Allow empty lines by using syntax
Add ‘e’ (ending) as a new reserved (standardized) name for verses (including other variants like e1, e2, e1a, ea, …):
Add transliteration support, attribute
translit="". can be used in tags
Add multiple songbooks entries. Syntax changed from tags
<songbooks> <songbook name="This is a Songbook Name" entry="123"/> </songbooks>
Add script ‘opensong2openlyrics.py’ to convert OpenSong songs to OpenLyrics format.
Add examples of some public domain songs or not copyrighted.
Release 0.6 (22 Dec 2009)¶
- Drop tag
Release 0.5 (06 Dec 2009) - final draft¶
- Allow custom verse names
- Custom tempo
- Stay with only one key (any text)
- Allow any chord notation (any text).
- Restrict ccli theme ‘id’ to range 1-999.
- Theme value can’t be empty.
- Namespace changed from
- Content of an optional tag is mandatory, when the tag present in xml.
Release 0.4 (21 Nov 2009) - draft¶
- Move to RelaxNG xml schema.
- Tag attribute change. xml:lang describes the language of an tag. Change
<author type="translation" xml:lang="cs">to `` <author type=”translation” lang=”cs”>``.
- Xml schema: in ‘author’ tag attribute ‘lang’ is required when attribute
‘type’ contains value ‘translation’
<author type="translation" lang="cs">.